Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!!




This Easter would have to be one of my favorites. I was so emotional all weekend in anticipation of a wonderful day. I love my Savior! The night before Easter and before our family prayer I asked Sadie if she would say it. I asked her if she would pray that we could think about Jesus tomorrow and that we could be thankful for his resurrection. I then simply told Chase Marriner, and Sadie about how Jesus died and after three days he rose again. I had tears in my eyes as I spoke this simple, yet profound doctrine. I had never before thought of it in such a way. It was truly a special moment for our family and one I will never forget. And I hope my children felt of my sincere expression of my faith in Him. Faith that has been strengthened by little moments like the one I am telling of. He truly died for US....and in that moment I felt that I was in the presence of very special, very noble, very obedient children of our Heavenly Father and I was speaking to their spirits. After my testimony Sadie said the sweetest prayer including(in her language) Jesus' resurrection. The next day was wonderful. We were able to hear such good talks in sacrament meeting and a very special report by Elder Williams. I sat by my mom and every time we'd look at each other we would get teary. Sean is a Spiritual giant....it helps he's over 6' 5"! I felt our Saviors love through him....and it was inspiring. I just felt like I needed to share this and hope to feel such joy more often. Happy Easter from us!!

5 comments:

JJLanier said...

I was just thinking about you this morning, Brooke. Your children are so blessed to have you as their mother! Easter seemed extra special for me this year too- I think it comes as I find my self trying to teach our kids about the true meaning of it.
Wish we could see you!!

Jami said...

Brooke,
Your kids are so cute. I miss you. I am glad you had such an awesome and spiritual Easter.

Love,
Jami

Brittnee said...

Oh, Brooke... Thank you! What a sweet, couragous, and inspirational person you are in my life. I'm so thankful that your Easter was a memorable one. I, too had a spiritual Easter and I loved seeing you and your cutest ever kids! You are such a beautiful mom, wife, sister, daughter and friend. I can't begin to tell you how much you mean to me and how you have helped me grow! I love you!

Cameron and Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing. That is sweet.

Dean Family said...

Oh Brooksie!
What a special weekend for you and the kids! I am so grateful for your example to me and always reminding me to walk in the light and remember why we are here on earth! I am so glad we were able to see one another in May. I love your kids and so impressed with how grown-up they are. You are a special gem in my heart. I love you-